[IPython-User] problem greek letters image in markdown

Tue Apr 2 12:19:45 CDT 2013

As Aaron pointed out, khi -> chi,

for md, you cannot use full path for images in markdown, you have to use urls, this is a browser restriction for obvious security reason.
Otherwise any website could read you hard drive.
This is why notebook expose the files of the folder it is run'd in under the `files/`prefix
This most of the time is the same folder as the kernel cwd, but keep in mind that server and kernel could be on different machine.

Then assuming
$ cd /home/jeanguillaume/Python/
$ ipython notebook

you should use
[!img](files/haricot_commun_frais_nu-1.jpg)

or $ cd /home/jeanguillaume/
$ ipython notebook

then
[!img](files/Python/haricot_commun_frais_nu-1.jpg)

etc, etc,...

I'll let you read the example notebooks for more explanations.
--
Matthias