[IPython-User] [notebook] centered equations

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Tue Apr 2 15:13:59 CDT 2013

It was a deliberate design choice.  Here was my logic:

* In ipython all output is left justified
* Output can be latex
* Latex output should be left justified to be consistent with other output
* Latex in markdown should also be left justified to be consistent with that

Cheers,

Brian

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Matthias BUSSONNIER
<bussonniermatthias@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 2 avr. 2013 à 09:52, giacomo boffi a écrit :
>
>> Matthias BUSSONNIER <bussonniermatthias@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> It is not supported yet,
>>
>> just curious, how came that by default displayed equations are left
>> aligned (and stuck in the left margin), was it a design choice,
>> mathjax's default, or simply an oversight?
>
> I don't remember at all, I have no strong feeling for center or left aligned.
> I would guess on ultra large screen centered is annoying.
>
> It might change if we revisit notebook css at some point in the future,
> but we would need more manpower for that.
> --
> Matthias.

Brian E. Granger