[IPython-User] Sphinx live link to nbviewer view of notebook

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Apr 3 18:00:24 CDT 2013

On 3 April 2013 22:49, Martijn Vermaat <martijn@vermaat.name> wrote:

> Ah, I did misunderstand (part of) your question. The notebook you're
> linking to is located next to the Sphinx files and at Sphinx built
> time, it is not known what URL will be used to view them.

Perhaps there's a better way to approach this. Rather than generating links
to nbviewer, and having your documentation rely on an external service, why
not extend Sphinx to generate static HTML views of ipynb files as part of
the docs? That's all nbviewer is really doing anyway, and it keeps your
docs as a neat self-contained package.

Thomas