[IPython-User] Sphinx live link to nbviewer view of notebook

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Wed Apr 3 22:20:07 CDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 April 2013 22:49, Martijn Vermaat <martijn@vermaat.name> wrote:
>
>> Ah, I did misunderstand (part of) your question. The notebook you're
>> linking to is located next to the Sphinx files and at Sphinx built
>> time, it is not known what URL will be used to view them.
>>

> Perhaps there's a better way to approach this. Rather than generating
> links to nbviewer, and having your documentation rely on an external
> service, why not extend Sphinx to generate static HTML views of ipynb files
> as part of the docs? That's all nbviewer is really doing anyway, and it
> keeps your docs as a neat self-contained package.

This is what I would do - if all you want is a static render of the
notebook, just use nbconvert to build it as part of the sphinx build.

nbviewer is *not* a special, unique service, it's just hosted nbconvert.