[IPython-User] Set initial window size to IPython Qt console

klo uo klonuo@gmail....
Tue Apr 9 08:40:36 CDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Matthias BUSSONNIER wrote:

> Le 9 avr. 2013 à 15:08, klo uo a écrit :
>
> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Matthias BUSSONNIER wrote:
>

>> I would say no.
>>

> Strange. I get 1200x400 screen every time I start qt console, and I
> thought I must have set it wrong somewhere then leave it for later, until
> today I started searching in configuration files and couldn't find such
> setting.
>

> Weird you got something that big. That might be qt specific ...
>

> IPython/frontend/qt/console/console_widget.py:457
>> Do I hear a PR ?
>>

> Thanks!
> I'll hardcode it, as I know nothing about Qt to make it scale with
> confidence on different platforms, thus PR withdraw from me (if it was
> intended to me in the first place ;))
>

> Ah, sad, you can still do it later if you wish :-)
>
> Still tell us if it changes the size of the console correctly.

Hm... I don't know how to interpret your breakpoint
"IPython/frontend/qt/console/console_widget.py:457", but issue seems to be
sourced exactly there :)

So I can either set my splitter preference to 'vsplit' or change `width *
2` to `width` on the line you referenced. It doesn't seem anything wrong
with the code, as it potentially keeps space for help content, or?