[IPython-User] Set initial window size to IPython Qt console

Tue Apr 9 09:10:02 CDT 2013

Le 9 avr. 2013 à 15:40, klo uo a écrit :

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Matthias BUSSONNIER wrote:
>
> Le 9 avr. 2013 à 15:08, klo uo a écrit :
>
>> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Matthias BUSSONNIER wrote:
>>
>> I would say no.
>>
>> Strange. I get 1200x400 screen every time I start qt console, and I thought I must have set it wrong somewhere then leave it for later, until today I started searching in configuration files and couldn't find such setting.
>
> Weird you got something that big. That might be qt specific ...
>

>> IPython/frontend/qt/console/console_widget.py:457
>> Do I hear a PR ?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> I'll hardcode it, as I know nothing about Qt to make it scale with confidence on different platforms, thus PR withdraw from me (if it was intended to me in the first place ;))
>
> Ah, sad, you can still do it later if you wish :-)
>
> Still tell us if it changes the size of the console correctly.
>
> Hm... I don't know how to interpret your breakpoint "IPython/frontend/qt/console/console_widget.py:457", but issue seems to be sourced exactly there :)

we might have a shift in line number because i'm on dev. The all method (size_hint) should return (a hint of) the size you wish. Making 81 and 25 Configurable (the class [1]) make them configurable (the adjective). See https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/3152 where I pinged you.
--
Matthias

[1] actually, the class from which they are members derives from the Configurable class, and the members themselves are from the Integers class that derives from Traitlets.