[IPython-User] %sql magic released

Alan alanwilter@gmail....
Tue Apr 9 09:24:50 CDT 2013

Dear Catherine,

%sql magic is fantastic to say the minimum. I am testing with oracle db and
it seems to work just fine. However,

c.SqlMagic.autolimit = 1000

seems to not be working for me. Is there a way of setting this limit in a
already started ipython session?

Thanks,

Alan

On 29 March 2013 18:45, Catherine Devlin <catherine.devlin@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ipython-sql
>
> Works with any database SQLAlchemy can see.  Renders query results as HTML
> tables in the Notebook, or pretty text at the text console.
>
> Enjoy & give feedback!
>
> I suggest just installing with ``pip install ipython-sql``.  I haven't
> been able to figure out how to use %load_ext successfully, since it's not a
> single .py file, and using %load_ext for the whole .zip file from
> https://github.com/catherinedevlin/ipython-sql/archive/master.zip doesn't
> seem to work... but if you know how to fix that, do tell...
>
> Thanks,
> --
> - Catherine
> http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com

Alan Wilter SOUSA da SILVA, DSc
Bioinformatician, UniProt - PANDA, EMBL-EBI
CB10 1SD, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK
+44 1223 49 4588