[IPython-User] Markdown cell spell checking

Ryan Nelson rnelsonchem@gmail....
Sat Apr 13 08:56:38 CDT 2013

Hello all,

Is it possible to have spell checking enabled in notebook markdown
cells? I found the following issue on GitHub:
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/3087
I agree that spell checking is annoying in code cells, but in markdown
cells that are meant to contain prose, it would be really nice to have
spell checking enabled. I don't know anything about CodeMirror, which
seems like it is the JavaScript that runs the cells. (?) Is there a
config flag that I can adjust to turn on spell checking?

Thanks

Ryan