[IPython-User] . Re: setting ipython3 to use python3.3 and is uninstalling existing v. necessary to use git version? (MinRK)

Dennis Daniels dennisgdaniels@gmail....
Sun Apr 14 13:30:02 CDT 2013

My environment: linux mint 13

I did the git install as suggested but when I run IPython it still comes up
as 0.13

ipython3 --version
0.13
not the freshly installed dev version
(Here's the install video: http://youtu.be/JK1XxsjeSNQ)

How do I call IPython Dev explicitly?

I tried running python3.3 ipython.py in the IPython directory but it failed

dennis@dennis-HP-Compaq-tc4400-EN356UT-ABA ~/ipython $ python3.3 ipython.py
notebook
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ipython.py", line 22, in <module>
    execfile(os.path.join(
NameError: name 'execfile' is not defined