[IPython-User] client/server question

Chris Withers chris@simplistix.co...
Thu Apr 25 03:17:59 CDT 2013

Hi All,

How can I run just the kernel part of ipython up, preferably as a daemon?

Once I have, how do I connect to it? Do I need to copy the .json file
across and use it as normal, or is there a more graceful way?

Lastly, I assume the python namespace your interact with is always the
one on the server, so if I do '%ls' I'll get a list of files on the server?

Is there any way to pull data (files, etc) in from the machine where the
client is running?

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk