[IPython-User] Ipython notebook and proxy

epi massimodisasha@gmail....
Fri Apr 26 10:36:02 CDT 2013

Hi All

i have a linux server with N unix users
for each $USER i have an IPython Notebook instance running on :

my.host.domain:port

I need to transfer the "server infrastructure" to my university  … in order to put the sw in "production"

But they do not want open the N port to the whole internet …

do you know any solution to "map" localhost:port to host/username ?

In this topic [1]  i used a workaround just to don't show ip:port in the browser  ... but that's not a solution to my problem.

while this git issue [2] point to this blog post [3]  that looks interesting (at least for me to understand the issue) ... but i'm far away to understand how to configure all this :(

 i tried  IPython-notebook-proxy [4] but i can't have it working on the "same port"

i guess wakari (that's multi user) [5] found the solution to this,
do you know any possible solution that i can follow ?
at the moment is a blocking me .. any experience to share ?

Thanks for any advice !!!

[1] http://python.6.x6.nabble.com/IPython-User-Notebook-and-Apache-td4998329.html

[2] https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/1329

[3] http://blog.mixu.net/2011/08/13/nginx-websockets-ssl-and-socket-io-deployment/