[IPython-User] use ipython for library coding?

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Mon Apr 29 16:23:22 CDT 2013

On 29 April 2013 22:18, Tim Michelsen <timmichelsen@gmx-topmail.de> wrote:

> I wonder how do you advanced users write your library code?
>
> Talking of module or package that provides key functions for the
> analysis such as loading data or a specially tailored plotting,
> conversionroutines, etc.
>
> Do you also use IPython for prototyping or do these things happen in a
> separate editor?

I use a conventional editor to build libraries, although I sometimes get
code working in IPython and then copy it into an editor when I'm happy with
it. When I'm developing, I usually have at least one IPython running to
test snippets, inspect objects, and so on.

Testing code with %run and %debug is also very useful.

Thomas