[IPython-User] Current State of Slide Mode in IPython?

Damián Avila damianavila@gmail....
Tue Apr 30 22:35:28 CDT 2013

El 01/05/13 00:24, Zachary Jones escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently organizing a talk I plan to give next week and I would
> like to give the talk with all the information being presented in IPython.
>
> The IPEP 9 Discussion:
> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/2680 has not been updated in
> 4 months and I having trouble getting the gist
> https://gist.github.com/Carreau/3097817 working with the latest commit
> on April 30th of ipython.
>
> Has there been any progress on the slide mode?
>
> Is there a branch of gist that I should be using to get slide mode?
>

> Thanks for your help,
> Zach Jones

Hi Zach,

Up to now, you have two possibilities:

* You can use the *live* slideshow mode called slidemode (a js hack over
the notebook): https://github.com/Carreau/ipython-static-profiles

or

* You can use the *static* slideshow mode option called reveal (a
html5/css/js slideshow powered by reveal.js) inside nbconvert:
https://github.com/ipython/nbconvert

For the last one, you have a tutorial for use it here:
http://www.slideviper.oquanta.info/tutorial/slideshow_tutorial_slides.html

Each kind of slideshow has advantages and constrains.

As a important note, you can use the same ipynb with both kind of
slideshows.

Cheers.

Damián.