[IPython-User] LearnDataScience, a collection of IPyNotebooks for Data Science beginners

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Aug 1 04:08:32 CDT 2013

On 1 August 2013 06:51, Nitin Borwankar <nborwankar@gmail.com> wrote:

> For the past 6+ months plus I have been funded by the good folks at
> EMC/Greenplum now Pivotal to create a collection of data science learning
> materials.  Naturally I chose to use IPyNB as a platform.
> Early notebooks were written using R as the language of choice, however
> halfway through, happily we switched to all Py.  The content is decoupled
> from the code in a way that other language snippets can replace the python
> ones.
> Currently the core content has Lin Reg, Log Reg, Random Forests and
> k-Means.  There are at least three notebooks per algo plus there are
> worksheets and HowTo's.

Cool, this sounds invaluable, and I think we're all glad that the IPython
Notebook is useful.

Have you considered linking to nbviewer versions of your notebooks? Of
course it doesn't let the user run things and change things, but it's a
good way to get a preview without having to download anything.

Best wishes,
Thomas