[IPython-User] Incomplete Windows 7 installation

Zann e-zann@gmx....
Sun Aug 4 02:10:50 CDT 2013

Hi John,

To the best of my knowledge, to install 'distribute' it is enough to obtain the 'distribute_setup.py' and execute it with python interpreter, something like this (I would run the Command Prompt as Administrator just in case):

C:\path_to\python.exe C:\path_to\distribute_setup.py

The 'distribute_setup.py' can be downloaded from http://python-distribute.org as a single file, or from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute/0.6.49 as a part of a larger TAR.GZ source archive. The ZIP archive from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute/0.7.3 does not seem to have the needed file at all, and I am not sure what to do with it.

Hope this helps,
-Zann