[IPython-User] Remote access to ipython notebook server with ssh multi hop

George Nurser gnurser@gmail....
Mon Aug 5 15:48:41 CDT 2013

Hi Jimmie,
Thanks for responding, and sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this.

I've tried what you suggest, except I just use the standard  ~/.ssh/id_rsa.

If I do ssh -L 8888:localhost:8888 ipy_host &
then the browser hangs when I load https://localhost:8888/ (I need to do
https as the notebook is password-protected).

If I miss out the &, at least I get an ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, but still no
joy.

cheers, George Nurser