[IPython-User] remote notebook and qtconsole

Jody Klymak jklymak@uvic...
Sat Aug 10 12:51:54 CDT 2013

Hi all,

I often run Notebook on my machine at work, and access it via the web at home.  This is *fabulous* for working remotely - by far the best solution I've seen.

However, it would be even better if there was a way to get a remote console (preferably qtconsole) attached to the same kernel.  I know there is a manual way (https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/Cookbook:-Connecting-to-a-remote-kernel-via-ssh) but its a lot of typing (setting up four different ssh forwards by hand each time?) for something I do a few times a day.

Is there a way to make this more automatic that I'm missing?  Or a way to achieve similar functionality.  For the record, I want the console to check minor things like the size of arrays or variable values, or to make temporary plots.

Thanks a lot,   Jody

--
Jody Klymak
http://web.uvic.ca/~jklymak/