[IPython-User] remote notebook and qtconsole

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Sat Aug 10 17:00:00 CDT 2013

I don't know the provenance of that wiki file, but it's *way* easier than
that page describes.  In this case, my remote kernel is at hostname
`kerbin`, which I have as an ssh alias

1. get the connection file:

    scp kerbin:.ipython/profile_default/security/kernel-19924.json ./

2. start the qtconsole with that connection file, adding `--ssh kerbin` to
tell IPython to open some tunnels:

    ipython qtconsole --existing ./kernel-19924.json --ssh kerbin

And you are done.

Any way to get the connection info locally works, so if the `scp` command
is inconvenient for some reason, you can use the `%connect_info` magic, and
just copy/paste the JSON into a file on your local machine and repeat step
2.

-MinRK