[IPython-User] ipython slow to start with --pylab flag

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Sun Aug 11 09:26:35 CDT 2013

It's quite slow to load all of the modules involved from disk, but once
they have been loaded, the operating system will keep them in cache, so
subsequent starts will be much faster. Could this be what you're seeing?

Thomas