[IPython-User] debian/ubuntu package for ipython-1.*

Julian Taylor jtaylor.debian@googlemail....
Mon Aug 12 08:19:41 CDT 2013

On 08/12/2013 01:46 PM, Vasco Tenner wrote:
> Are there debian/ubuntu packages available for the current stable
> release (1.*)? And for the master branch? As there a PPA available?

The daily build ppa is pretty much 1.0 right now:
https://launchpad.net/~jtaylor/+archive/ipython-dev
It will only update next week as I currently don't have access to the
machine running the mirror.

As for packaging it officially that will take some time, almost none of
its javascript dependencies exist in the required version in debian.
That will need to be sorted out first.
Also all reverse depends need testing which will take a while.

This means it will most likely not land in 13.10 and unstable, but only
in 14.04 and debian experimental.
I may add it earlier to the stable ppa for the distributions that
already have 0.13.x in their regular archives:
https://launchpad.net/~jtaylor/+archive/ipython