[IPython-User] Ipython 1.0.0 notebook on CentOS 6.4

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Aug 14 14:12:11 CDT 2013

Hi Kalle,

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Kalle <kalle-python@gmx.de> wrote:
> today i tried a quick test-install of Ipython 1.0.0 on CentOS 6.4 with
> the Python 2.6.6 which comes with CentOS 6.4.
>
> When i start the notebook, a TypeError occurs:

Yup, known, fixed already in master and backported for the 1.x bugfix
release, sorry:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/3973

Note that the notebook *does run* even with this bug, it's just that
it spews ugly error messages to the console, and logging doesn't work
correctly.

Note that the bug only affects 2.6, if you run the notebook against
2.7 you'll be fine.