[IPython-User] problem with autoreload in Ipython 2

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Mon Aug 19 17:18:21 CDT 2013

Hi David,

On 17 August 2013 06:38, David Prager Branner <brannerchinese@gmail.com>wrote:

> With Ipython3 I use a startup file (in
> ~/.ipython/profile_default/startup/) containing
>
>  %load_ext autoreload
>> %autoreload 2
>>

> and all works very well. But when I start Ipython2, those commands lead to
> a series of error messages, of the form

I can't immediately replicate this - putting those lines in a startup file
and using IPython on Python 2 seems to work fine. Are there any other
details, like other startup files, that might be relevant?

> I don't recall having installed these modules...

The ones you listed are part of the standard library.

Thomas