[IPython-User] Getting deepreload to work by default

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Tue Aug 27 11:41:42 CDT 2013

On 27 August 2013 02:13, David Prager Branner <brannerchinese@gmail.com>wrote:

> The API currently describes the use of deepreload as follows:
>
>> import __builtin__, deepreload
>>
>> Those instructions are written for Python 2. There are two differences in
Python 3: __builtin__ got renamed to builtins (with an s, without the
underscores), and the reload function got moved out of the builtins to the
imp module. For interactive use, you should be able to just do 'from
IPython.lib.deepreload import reload'.

> But I don't find that deep reloading is in fact taking place
automatically, even though

> %load_ext autoreload
> %autoreload 2

It shouldn't be necessary to combine deepreload and autoreload - with
autoreload 2 on, it should check all imported modules, unless you've
excluded any with %aimport -foo. If it's not doing that, there's presumably
a bug somewhere.

Thanks,
Thomas