[IPython-User] Getting deepreload to work by default

David Prager Branner brannerchinese@gmail....
Wed Aug 28 13:37:17 CDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:

> Things to check:
> - Run %aimport in IPython to see whether it has loaded the autoreload
> extension, and what modules it think it's reloading.

    In [1]: import simple as S

    In [2]: %aimport
    Modules to reload:
    all-except-skipped

    Modules to skip:

    In [3]:

It's hard to tell from this whether it thinks it's reloading my module
specifically.

- At a terminal, run 'iptest3 autoreload' to run the tests for the
> autoreload extension.

iptest3 required installation of nose; done.

    $ iptest3 autoreload
    FAIL:
IPython.extensions.tests.test_autoreload.TestAutoreload.test_smoketest_aimport
    FAIL:
IPython.extensions.tests.test_autoreload.TestAutoreload.test_smoketest_autoreload
    Ran 3 tests in 2.204s

    FAILED (failures=2)

After this, I have installed a new virtualenv and pipped a new installation
of Ipython3 1.0.0 into it.

Even with the new virtualenv, iptest3 autoreload gives me the same error,
though.

What next?

- dpb