[IPython-User] Getting deepreload to work by default

David Prager Branner brannerchinese@gmail....
Wed Aug 28 14:49:01 CDT 2013

Thanks.

For further reference, works like a dream on Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS:

    $ ipython3
    Python 3.2.3 (default, Apr 10 2013, 06:11:55)

    ?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
    %quickref -> Quick reference.
    help      -> Python's own help system.
    object?   -> Details about 'object', use 'object??' for extra details.

    In [1]: import simple as S

    In [2]: S.main()
    Single line of output

    In [3]: edit S
    Editing... done. Executing edited code...

    In [4]: # added "Added line" line

    In [5]: S.main()
    Added line
    Single line of output

    In [6]: %aimport
    Modules to reload:
    all-except-skipped

    Modules to skip:

    In [7]: exit
    (py3)dpb@dpb15u:~/develop_coding/experiment_and_timing/play_ipython$
iptest3 autoreload
    Ran 3 tests in 6.356s

    OK
    $

I guess you're right that it's OS-related.

- dpb

Developer and Lexicographer of Chinese
brannerchinese.com