[IPython-User] ipython slow to start with --pylab flag

alex arsenovic arsenovic@virginia....
Fri Aug 30 09:20:15 CDT 2013

ok. this is somewhat unbelievable.
I witnessed the identical symptoms, as described earlier,  while i happened
to be in the same location as last time (a friends house).

i noticed, somewhat by accident, that when i switched wifi APs and the lag
goes away. after some testing, it appears as though connecting to this one
certain AP causes the ipython startup lag, but only when using --pylab
flag.

it is as repeatable as it is unexpected. does anyone have any idea on how
this can be!?!!