[IPython-User] Help installing master JS dependencies? please

Tom Brander tombrander@tombrander....
Sat Aug 31 21:15:48 CDT 2013


fwiw the nb convert improvements are great, fixed a bunch of issues and the
default new format looks much better...
thank you for all the awesome work!


On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 7:09 PM, MinRK <benjaminrk@gmail.com> wrote:

> GitHub tarballs are built by git archive, which doesn't support
> submodules.  GitHub is pushing to get submodule support into git archive,
> at which point GitHub tarballs will Just Work.
>
> I need to go in and double check some things in setup.py, because the
> install itself should not have been allowed to proceed.
>
>
> On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Tom Brander <tombrander@tombrander.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks, cloned the repo and all seems fine now
>>
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> It's a bug in Github/git: tarballs don't include git subrepos, so if you
>>> install IPython from a Github tarball, it won't work. If you want to run
>>> IPython from master, for now you'll need to git clone the repo.
>>>
>>>
>>> On 31 August 2013 08:33, Tom Brander <tombrander@tombrander.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I was having issues with NB convert, in Ipython 1.0, (which was running
>>>> fine elsewise) I figured I'd just install master so I ran the following on
>>>> Ubuntu 12.10
>>>>
>>>> sudo pip install https://github.com/ipython/ipython/tarball/master
>>>>
>>>> which appeared successful
>>>> but when starting the notebook I got
>>>> WARNING:root:404 GET
>>>> /static/components/jquery-ui/themes/smoothness/jquery-ui.min.css
>>>> (127.0.0.1) 0.34ms
>>>> WARNING:root:404 GET /static/components/jquery/jquery.min.js
>>>> (127.0.0.1) 0.19ms
>>>> WARNING:root:404 GET
>>>> /static/components/bootstrap/bootstrap/js/bootstrap.min.js (127.0.0.1)
>>>> 0.30ms
>>>> WARNING:root:404 GET /static/components/requirejs/require.js
>>>> (127.0.0.1) 0.55ms
>>>> WARNING:root:404 GET
>>>> /static/components/jquery-ui/ui/minified/jquery-ui.min.js (127.0.0.1) 0.41ms
>>>> WARNING:root:404 GET /static/components/requirejs/require.js
>>>> (127.0.0.1) 0.29ms
>>>> WARNING:root:404 GET
>>>> /static/components/bootstrap/bootstrap/js/bootstrap.min.js (127.0.0.1)
>>>> 0.37ms
>>>> WARNING:root:404 GET /static/components/jquery/jquery.min.js
>>>> (127.0.0.1) 0.36ms
>>>> WARNING:root:404 GET
>>>> /static/components/jquery-ui/ui/minified/jquery-ui.min.js (127.0.0.1) 0.36ms
>>>> WARNING:root:404 GET
>>>> /static/components/jquery-ui/themes/smoothness/jquery-ui.min.css
>>>> (127.0.0.1) 0.29ms
>>>> WARNING:root:404 GET /static/components/requirejs/require.js
>>>> (127.0.0.1) 0.26ms
>>>> WARNING:root:404 GET
>>>> /static/components/bootstrap/bootstrap/js/bootstrap.min.js (127.0.0.1)
>>>> 0.28ms
>>>> WARNING:root:404 GET /static/components/requirejs/require.js
>>>> (127.0.0.1) 0.44ms
>>>> WARNING:root:404 GET
>>>> /static/components/bootstrap/bootstrap/js/bootstrap.min.js (127.0.0.1)
>>>> 0.39ms
>>>>
>>>> So I need to install the dependencies, I'm not so swooft with pip so
>>>> can someone tell me where to go to run the right commands?
>>>>
>>>> I see the docs that say that I need to update and sggest pip install
>>>> -e .[notebook] but I don't think I am executing that in the right spot??
>>>>
>>>> tom@tom-sam:~$ sudo pip install -e .[notebook]
>>>> Directory '.' is not installable. File 'setup.py' not found.
>>>> Storing complete log in /home/tom/.pip/pip.log
>>>>
>>>> I'm dead in the water at the moment so help much appreciated...
>>>>
>>>> For some reason my earlier message to the list re nb convert never got
>>>> released??
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Tom Brander
>>>> http://tombrander.com -Real Estate
>>>> http://oswco.com -Open Software
>>>> 3763 West Jackson Blvd.
>>>> Birmingham, AL 35213
>>>> Phone 205-267-1089
>>>> @dartdog
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> IPython-User mailing list
>>>> IPython-User@scipy.org
>>>> http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/ipython-user
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> IPython-User mailing list
>>> IPython-User@scipy.org
>>> http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/ipython-user
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Tom Brander
>> http://tombrander.com -Real Estate
>> http://oswco.com -Open Software
>> 3763 West Jackson Blvd.
>> Birmingham, AL 35213
>> Phone 205-267-1089
>> @dartdog
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> IPython-User mailing list
>> IPython-User@scipy.org
>> http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/ipython-user
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> IPython-User mailing list
> IPython-User@scipy.org
> http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/ipython-user
>
>


-- 
Tom Brander
http://tombrander.com -Real Estate
http://oswco.com -Open Software
3763 West Jackson Blvd.
Birmingham, AL 35213
Phone 205-267-1089
@dartdog
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/ipython-user/attachments/20130831/88108dd3/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the IPython-User mailing list