[IPython-User] qtconsole: colors of error outputs & co.

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Fri Feb 1 10:11:09 CST 2013

On 1 February 2013 13:23, Florian M. Wagner <wagnerfl@student.ethz.ch>wrote:

> I am trying get the solarized color scheme (ethanschoonover.com/solarized*
> *) working with the qtconsole. It works fine for code input (using
> pygments) but error messages, the output of !ls and things like that stay
> unaffected (see screenshot attached). Can someone give me a hint, where the
> colors of this type of output can be tweaked?

Those are based on escape codes used in terminals, which are limited to 16
colours: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANSI_escape_code#Colors

You can influence how the Qt console displays those in this code, I think:
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/blob/master/IPython/frontend/qt/console/ansi_code_processor.py#L283

Thomas