[IPython-User] No qtconsole desktop icon if ipython is installed on virtualenv

Joon Ro joonhyoung.ro@gmail....
Fri Feb 1 22:03:05 CST 2013

Hi,

I am using virtualenv and I have installed ipython in virtualenv with pip
install.
I found that when I run that ipython, no desktop icon is being recognized
and I am seeing generic X icon. (I'm using openSUSE x64 in KDE)

On the contrary, the system ipython qtconsole shows correct icon. I checked
that there is

~/virtualenvs/epd/lib/python2.7/site-packages/IPython/frontend/qt/console/resources/icon/IPythonConsole.svg

Best,
Joon