[IPython-User] qtconsole: colors of error outputs & co.

Joon Ro joon.ro@utexas....
Fri Feb 1 22:24:36 CST 2013

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 February 2013 13:23, Florian M. Wagner <wagnerfl@student.ethz.ch>wrote:
>
>> I am trying get the solarized color scheme (ethanschoonover.com/solarized
>> **) working with the qtconsole. It works fine for code input (using
>> pygments) but error messages, the output of !ls and things like that stay
>> unaffected (see screenshot attached). Can someone give me a hint, where the
>> colors of this type of output can be tweaked?

For the solarized-dark, I have the following css code:

QPlainTextEdit, QTextEdit { background-color: #002b36;
        color: #839496;
        selection-background-color: #839496;}
.inverted { background-color: #839496; color: #002b36;}
.error { color: #dc322f; }
.in-prompt { color: #859900; }
.in-prompt-number { font-weight: bold; }
.out-prompt { color: #d33682; }
.out-prompt-number { font-weight: bold; }

saved at ~/.config/ipython/solarized-dark.css, and when I run qtconsole I
do:

$ ipython qtconsole --stylesheet=~/.config/ipython/solarized.css

You can put this into your .desktop file for your ipython qtconsole.
(If there is better way to do so, please let me know)

Best,
Joon