[IPython-User] Blogging with IPython and Nikola...

Filipe Pires Alvarenga Fernandes ocefpaf@gmail....
Mon Feb 4 12:37:04 CST 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Damián Avila <damianavila@gmail.com> wrote:
> El 07/09/12 05:26, Fernando Perez escribió:
> Folks,
>
> I have streamlined the concept introduced by Fernando some months ago...
>
> I have given support to Nikola (a static site generator,
> http://nikola.ralsina.com.ar) to render ipython notebooks as blog posts...
>
> So... you have all the power of IPython plus great enhancements from Nikola
> (comments, social buttons, tags... at the end, a complete static site
> infrastructure).
>
> You can read how to setup and use it, here:
> http://www.damian.oquanta.info/posts/blogging-with-nikola-and-ipython.html
>
> Obviously, this post is also an example of what you can get... Posting from
> a notebook is now very very easy :-)
>
> Damián.
>
> PS: Probably, I will include annotator and some kind of chat to the template
> soon... but when I get some time :-)

Hi Damián, that sounds really nice.  I just need a hand setting it up.

I installed the latest master version of Nikola, copied the
"site-ipython" inside the "nikola/data/themes/" folder and followed
the instructions in your post.  However I am having two problems, one
is the same as Massimo, the ipynb is also missing a "dot".  If I
rename is and type "nikola build" I get to error messages, but once I
try "nikola serve" I get just a blank archive.  I cannot find the
converted ipynb anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Filipe.