[IPython-User] notebook does not return result

Cosmo Yu Wang cosmoyw@yahoo.co...
Thu Feb 7 00:48:14 CST 2013

Hi, there is a entry-level question about the installation/configuration of ipython notebook.

I installed the latest ipython on win7 and the ordinary mode works well. When I access the
notebook mode by chrome, the webpage shows as expected and I can input without any problem.
However, when I run the program, I received no results, just as nothing had happened.

For example, I input 1+1, it shows as okay. When I do shift+enter, no result returns and
cursor just moves to the next line.

I tried with different browsers, different ports with no luck. Result of netstat shows TCP
connections established. No proxy was set. No error message was on the console.
Am I missing something? Could somebody shed some light on what might be the problem?

Thanks & Regards,