[IPython-User] Substitute for raw input?

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Feb 7 10:06:40 CST 2013

On 7 February 2013 12:54, Tom Brander <tom@oswco.com> wrote:

> I have some code that I want to do as little violence to as possible and
> it has a few areas where it receives input and responds with choices,, it
> uses Raw input to do so, what might be the right way to adapt this to
> running in the IPython environment?

I'm guessing you mean the IPython notebook - raw_input() should work in the
other interfaces.

Unfortunately, there's not any simple way to do anything like that in the
notebook. We do plan to sort out raw_input() support in a future version,
but it's not done yet.

Thomas