[IPython-User] Source conflicts with system-installed IPython.

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Feb 7 15:28:49 CST 2013

On 7 February 2013 18:31, Jose Guzman <sjm.guzman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, I got the following error:
>
>  >>> from IPython.frontend.terminal.ipapp import launch_new_instance
>  >>> ImportError: No module named terminal.ipapp
>
> How can I set the default version to the 0.13?

It's nothing specific to IPython, you just have to make sure that the
version you want is earlier in sys.path. It looks like you have root
access, so can you simply uninstall the system version using your package
manager?

Thomas