[IPython-User] Following up on toggle hide on notebook cells

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Sat Feb 9 23:56:26 CST 2013

We have plans to allow cells to be hidden and shown in very flexible
ways including:

* Metadata tags (hide/show all cells with the "foo" metadata tag).
* Implied hierarchy (hide/show this section).
* Cell type

We have not targeted this work for a particular release, but it is on plans...

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 8:51 PM, Adam Hughes <hughesadam87@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I found a recent discussion about toggling the code cells in a notebook very
> interesting.  The idea that one can quickly hide or show source code in a
> notebook really helps make the notebook an adaptable document.  For example,
> I can show a report to my advisor without any sourcecode, and but if he has
> a question about steps in the analysis, I quickly toggle the source back on.
>
> I was wondering if any new developments along these lines are in the works.
> In particular, it would be really cool to be able to designate which cells
> in a notebook are hidden/shown during the toggle, instead of hiding all or
> none of the markdown cells all at once.  Is something like this currently
> straightforward to implement?
>
> Thanks.

Brian E. Granger