[IPython-User] [nbconvert] convert to html raise IOError

Francesco Montesano franz.bergesund@gmail....
Thu Feb 14 10:03:35 CST 2013

Dear Ipython,

I am trying to convert an ipython notebook to share it with a colleague.
I'm using master 5cc2804.

1) The easiest would be a pdf. The README file claims that

> nbconvert provides command line utilities to convert to and from IPython
> notebooks and standard formats:
> [...]
> -   PDF

but if I do `nbconvert -f pdf nb.ipynb` I get

> Unknown format 'pdf', known formats are: latex, markdown, reveal, py,
> blogger-html, html, rst (default)

Which one is correct? Probably the README should be corrected taking out
pdf (I can do it)

2) next option: latex. It's great, except for the fact cells are float, and
so I have some of the markdown and heading cells that are displaced after
or before the place they should be. (This is latex, I know :) )

3) next option (and probably the most natural) would be a html. But if I
try I get the error at the end of this mail. I use ipython 0.13.1.rc2
shipped with Ubuntu Quantal.
Do anyone knows what's going on? (Do I have to change version of Ipython?)

Thanks,

Francesc