[IPython-User] [nbconvert] convert to html raise IOError

Francesco Montesano franz.bergesund@gmail....
Thu Feb 14 11:04:18 CST 2013

2013/2/14 Matthias BUSSONNIER <bussonniermatthias@gmail.com>

> Le 14 févr. 2013 à 17:34, Francesco Montesano a écrit :
>
> > 2013/2/14 Matthias BUSSONNIER <bussonniermatthias@gmail.com>
> >
> > Yes, readme is wrong.
> > I can take it out and do a pull request
>
> Thanks for the PR.
> >
> > Are they ? You could probably open an issue with minimal example so that
> we can see what can be done.
> > I think the goal is to keep cell in the order they appear.
> >
> > I try to do something going home tonight
> Great.
>
> > I *don't* have a
> /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/IPython/frontend/html/notebook/static
> > (I probably should have checked before). Thomas Kluyver is right:

> > codemirror  css  dateformat  favicon.ico  ipynblogo.png
>  IPy_Notebook_logo.svg  jquery  js  pagedown  prettify
> >
> > I can build ipython 0.13.1 or master from source and do a `install
> --user`. Do I remember well that if I build from master I need jinja to run
> the notebook?
>
> Yes you will need jinja.
>

> > > Do anyone knows what's going on? (Do I have to change version of
> Ipython?)
> >
> > We are rebuilding nbconvert from scratch right now, you can look at the
> "jinja template" Pull request if you want, but it is still experimental.
>
> https://github.com/ipython/nbconvert/pull/77
> Brand new version on nbconvert, so we will probably not "fix" old one but
> keep the bug in mind for the "new" one.
> --
> Matthias

I've build ipython v0.13.1 from the git repo and `nbconvert -f html` works
fine

I've also tried to build ipython 0.14-dev (from master, fetched a couple of
hours ago) and fails as Matthias said at
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'~.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/IPython/frontend/html/notebook/static/css/fbm.css'

For now I'll keep with v0.13.1

Francesco