[IPython-User] d3graphs like Fernando's at Pycon Canada

Kevin ipythonstudent@eml...
Sun Feb 17 13:06:47 CST 2013

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013, at 12:59 AM, Brian Granger wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM, Kevin <ipythonstudent@eml.cc> wrote:
> >
> > Wow, stunning work you folks are doing with IPython! I'm totally
> > hooked!!
>
> Great, glad you like it!  That makes us happy :)
>
> > I searched the archives (google
> > two months ago, so I was hoping it's available now?
>
> This work is the first step in a larger bit of work in adding
> interactive JS capabilities to the notebook.  TO use that plugin you
> will need the branch linked to in this PR:
>
> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/2518
>
> BUT, it has not been merged and in the course of reviewing it we
> realized that there are some bigger design issues we will have to
> figure out first.  We are going to do this, in fact we have a large
> grant from the Sloan foundation to work on this exactly, but we are
> not quite there yet.  Hope you can be patient with us...
>
> But give that branch a shot and see how it goes.

Thanks, Brian. Yes of course I'm a very patient soul. :) I'm very new to
IPython so I have a whole lot to learn before I'll really be ready to
use these d3graphs, but looking forward to seeing it merge whenever it's
ready.

-Kevin