[IPython-User] [IPython-dev] Index and public link to our notebook example collection

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Feb 18 16:31:31 CST 2013

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Matthias BUSSONNIER
<bussonniermatthias@gmail.com> wrote:
> You probably know that a separate repo would be browsable on nbviewer-dev...

Well, the directory with notebooks would be equally browsable, no?
Since ultimately we want to be able to render groups of notebooks
anywhere on gh, I think that argument is neutral towards single/split.

But if making it a separate repo makes it more manageable for people,
I'm OK with that.  Whatever encourages people to write more
documentation is good in my book :)

One thing to consider is that API extraction gets trickier with
separate repos: we want to move away from our current massive
auto-generated api stuff, but we'll always have some API docs.  I
don't know how easy it is to mistakenly generate the api docs against
the wrong tree if we split it.

I think that's the only technical argument I can think of for keeping
them together, but it's an important one.