[IPython-User] [IPython-dev] Index and public link to our notebook example collection

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Feb 18 16:43:44 CST 2013

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Part of what we need to figure out is how we want to handle the API
> docs once our narrative docs move to notebooks.  I do agree that the
> API docs probably have to live in the same tree as the actual code.
> We didn't really get to talk about the future of the API docs yet.  We
> might want to have a HipChat meeting about some of these things...

I think in the long run, what we'll want is a *build* of the whole
documentation that appears unified to the reader, where there's a
single entry point with links to the tutorials, narrative, design and
api sections.  Kind of like how the python docs work:

http://docs.python.org/3/

Big chunks of that will be *authored* as notebooks, but the user
shouldn't have to care about that.

I don't know how convenient it will be to output something like this
if we split some of the docs into their own repos.