[IPython-User] Tunnelling ipython notebook through gateway server

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans@gmail....
Thu Feb 21 05:16:29 CST 2013

Hi,

I have access to a cluster where I can run ipython. I would like to tunnel
the notebook port so I can access it from my computer, but I have only seem
how to do that for machines that are single hop.
My setup is as follows:

laptop  -----SSH-----> gateway  -----SSH-----> ipython_host

So I would need to map port 7000 (eg) on ipython_host through to the
gateway and back to laptop. It's fairly straightforward to tunneling
between laptop and gateway, but I can't run ipython there.

Does anyone have any suggesting, or I should just desist?

Thanks!
Jose