[IPython-User] nbconvert converts to/from IPyNB or just from IPyNb?

Nitin Borwankar nborwankar@gmail....
Sat Feb 23 18:48:56 CST 2013

Matthias,

Re: your comment about knitr - yes knitr is similar to what I am saying but
IPyNB metaphor is, IMHO, superior as it is not tied to a single language.
Just my massively unashamedly biased opinion.

I am using knitr for a Coursera class right now - I like it a lot but I
think pandoc + markdown + IPyNB ends up winning.  Right now R is way ahead
due to very mature stats libs and easy to use for statistician
non-programmers.

I use %%R a lot for my content creation. Nbviewer views coming soon.

In my opinion general purpose languages win in the longer term as they have
law of large numbers (of users) on their side and they get better and
better.  R object model and data types and data slicing can cause
irreversible brain damage especially to an old time SQL user like myself. I
spend hours resuscitating hundreds of thousands of neurons every day after
my R sessions. :-)

But OTOH, ggplot is very cool and where R works it works really well.  So I
have Stockholm Syndrome with R
:-)

Nitin Borwankar

Nitin Borwankar