[IPython-User] Simplest way to load nbviewer notebooks?

K.-Michael Aye kmichael.aye@gmail....
Tue Feb 26 18:09:00 CST 2013

So there are bookmarklets and extensions to open your currently open
gist or notebook in nbviewer, but I am still a bit hassled by the
current procedure to get a nbviewer notebook to open in my local
notebook:
1. Download Notebook
2. Safari goes on my nerves with attaching a .txt which I manually have
to remove
3. Safari kills me by asking if I really want to do this.
4. Locate notebook file in Downloads folder
5. Drag it onto the notebook dashboard.

Isn't there any shorter way yet? Something like the %load magic for
external python scripts? Or, how about a place where I can paste the
url to the notebook download in and the rest works automagically? Am I
missing some trick somewhere?

Thanks for any hints, and as always, thanks to the IPython team for
their great work!

Michael