[IPython-User] IPy Notebook: Continue plotting in the same figure from another cell

Norfeldt lasse@norfeldt...
Thu Jan 10 07:16:59 CST 2013

Thank you both for your helpful answer :)

I was using the IPy inline (such neat and useful feature)

Matthias:
The autoclose must do more than just closing the figure - it must do
fig.clf()
The OO way is useful and reminds me that I always forget that it is the
axes that contain the plot goodies and not the figure.
(to me it would be more obvious to call figure -> window and axes -> plot -
but that's just my world)

I will try to disable the autoclose next time..

Chao:
I like your way of doing it - but then I would need to know the magic
command for plotting inline