[IPython-User] copy one cell from one notebook to another

Paul Hobson pmhobson@gmail....
Mon Jan 14 17:35:12 CST 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Chao YUE <chaoyuejoy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Suppose I have notebook1 and notebook2, they are now listed in the same
> notebook session.
>
> Could I copy one cell from notebook1 to notebook2?
> by this way I can play in notebook1 but put all the tested codes neatly in
> notebook2.
>
> cheers,
>
> Chao

Chao,

I don't think I fully understand what behavior and perhaps (user-interface)
feature you would like to see. I'm struggling to imagine a menu item or
keyboard shortcut that would be simpler and faster than simply copying the
text of an existing cell in notebook1 into a new cell in notebook2.

If you need to copy over many cells at once, I would recommend simply
copying the notebook ("Make a Copy" in the "File" menu).
-paul