[IPython-User] ipython notebook codeblock with greaterthan

Jakob Gager gager@ilsb.tuwien.ac...
Tue Jan 15 00:20:42 CST 2013

Actually, this behavior is intended since a greater sign at the beginning of the line
indicates a blockquote in markdown (see http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#blockquote)

To really get a greater sign (and no blockquote) you can use the html code > (don't forget the semicolon).

#> ls.dat  # works fine!

Jakob