[IPython-User] copy one cell from one notebook to another

Tue Jan 15 04:40:39 CST 2013

Le 15 janv. 2013 à 11:26, Aaron Meurer a écrit :

> I was thinking that this could be useful in some other ways too. I'm
> supposing that you'll implement this as just copying the relevant part
> of the notebook json file to the clipboard.  If you do it like this,
> that opens up possibilities.  One could use this to do raw
> modification of the json data in a relatively safe way.

No, not full cell Json too complicated. Too risky.
The notebook already produce not as compliant Json
structure than what we wish.

but recent merge of
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/2333
already add the possibility to do it with metadata.

>  Rather than
> trying to edit the notebook file itself, which could be dangerous if
> you mess up, you could just copy the cells you want to edit, paste it
> into your text editor, do the modification, and repast them into the
> notebook, which would assumedly do error checking first. Furthermore,
> if you just use the raw format, someone could just copy the text
> directly from the notebook and "paste" it into another (i.e., copy
> with a text editor and paste with the notebook).
>
> If you allow the ability to copy and paste several cells at once
> (which you obviously should), this could also make things much more
> efficient than any other method of moving cells from one notebook to
> another, or merging two notebooks.

Cross notebook we could use the storage API.

> https://github.com/jonrohan/ZeroClipboard is what GitHub uses to
> access the clipboard (according to
> https://github.com/blog/1365-a-more-transparent-clipboard-button, the
> only reliable way to do it is using Flash).  You could probably also
> just use a poor-man's method, which would be to just give the user the
> text and have him copy it manually, and visa-versa for paste.
> Apparently even with Flash, the user must initiate the clipboard
> access with a click.

I would still really like to avoid flash. Html5 have a draft of clipboard API
hopefully it will be available soon enough.
--
Matthias