[IPython-User] avoiding notebook history in the terminal

Junkshops junkshops@gmail....
Fri Jan 18 18:02:43 CST 2013

Hello all,

First: I still love ipython and use it all the time and want to kiss it
and hug it and name it George.

I hope I haven't missed something obvious, but I haven't been able to
find an answer for this. I use both the notebook and terminal depending
on the task, and I'm wondering if there's a setting that separates their
histories. I pretty much never want to run notebook cells in the
terminal, and the notebook history is a) blowing away the terminal
history I want to save and re-run b) more or less useless since I have
the commands saved in a notebook anyway, and c) if the history I want
hasn't been blown away by  a stroke of luck, the back arrow history is
littered with notebook cells I have no interest in running. I'm running
0.13 with a nearly standard default config (diffs provided on request).

Thanks very much for any advice,

Gavin