[IPython-User] notebook magic development questions

Ben Mabey ben@benmabey....
Sun Jan 20 23:54:59 CST 2013

On 1/20/13 10:48 PM, Ben Mabey wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm new to ipython (and python in general) and am loving the notebook,
> thanks for all the work on it!
>
> To facilitate my workflow for data analysis I'm creating some custom
> line and cell magics.  For the most part things are straight forward
> but I'm unhappy with my current development workflow on the magics. To
> develop the magics I have the magic file in the same directory as my
> notebook.  I can `%load_ext m
Sorry, for the premature send...

Anyways, as I was typing.. I can  `%load_ext mymagics` just fine and
test my magics but when I change my extension I am having to restart the
notebook server before my changes take effect.  I noticed that you can
have ipython automatically relaod your code for you[1] and I have tried
that but it doesn't seem to be working my the extension I'm creating.
How can I have IPython reload my extension so I can test my new changes?

Thanks,
Ben

1.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5364050/reloading-submodules-in-ipython