[IPython-User] Automatically embedding PDF version of figures

Wed Jan 23 11:37:44 CST 2013

HI Jon,

Do you really need to extract the files from a live notebook ?
if I were you I would parse the ipynb file If I were you,
it can already contain multiple repr of the same object, and nbconvert can extract all of them into file :

https://github.com/ipython/nbconvert/blob/master/converters/latex.py#L176
https://github.com/ipython/nbconvert/blob/master/converters/base.py#L246

And was not the
svg -> pdf and png
enough ?

Otherwise, Yes, in recent browser it is possible to dowload a local resources,
You will have to look at 'blob' url I think, and you would probably have to dive in
Js to decode the base 64 encoded stuff.

After that it behaves like normal download.
--
Matthias